Why Should You Invest In PolyRenewal Injections?
May 12, 2020
When it comes to the care and keeping of your home, you want to take advantage of the best protective measures the market has to offer. What are you supposed to do if your concrete starts to slip?
If you’re looking for a quick and easy solution, you’ll want to talk to your local contractor about PolyRenewal injections. These injections can not only stabilize the concrete around your home, but they can lift and level cracking and settling concrete slabs and give you back access to your concrete porch, sidewalk, or pool deck.
What Is PolyRenewal?
PolyRenewal is an expanding foam that can fill voids under your concrete. Contractors most frequently use PolyRenewal and PolyRenewal injections to lift sinking exterior concrete slabs in driveways, patios, pool decks, and more. That said, the foam can be used for other purposes, including leveling interior concrete slab floors.
The versatility of PolyRenewal is one of its many benefits, even if its primary purpose is to lift and restore. How does PolyRenewal work in tandem with your home?
It’s worth noting that PolyRenewal works almost exclusively with concrete. The contractor you hire to help repair your home will likely take the following steps to get your injections in place.
- Drill holes large enough for the injections in your existing concrete, usually the size of a penny.
- Insert injection ports.
- Begin the injection process, filling the void beneath your concrete with environmentally friendly PolyRenewal foam.
- Seal and smooth over the injection points.
The Advantages of PolyRenewal
As you can probably already tell, using PolyRenewal injections to fix up your property has its benefits. What makes these injections more effective than other repair methods like traditional mudjacking?
The benefits of using PolyRenewal to repair your foundation include:
- A Waterproof Barrier and Lift – PolyRenewal foam is effectively hydrophobic. It will actively repel water away from your concrete and prevent other damage such as soil erosion and settlement.
- A Chemical Barrier – Not only does PolyRenewal foam protect your home from water damage, but it will keep dangerous chemicals out of your home as well. If there are any chemical spills in your area, or if you’ve just used too much weed killer, PolyRenewal will keep these unwanted chemicals from entering your home.
- Shorter-Then-Average Cure Times – No matter how big the crack in your concrete is or how severe your slippage has been, PolyRenewal foam is a fast-acting cure. Under almost all circumstances, your foam injections will start to cure within 15-30 minutes of their initial installation.
When To Use PolyRenewal To Boost Your Concrete
When is the right time to start considering these injections?
Determining when your concrete may be slipping can be difficult. That’s where a professional inspection comes in handy. However, most homes with some manner of damage will give themselves away. If you’re noticing any of the following around your home, reach out to your local contractors for their input ASAP:
- Settling concrete patios, front walks, pool decks, and steps
- Uneven interior slabs
- Floor cracks
- Tripping hazards
When in doubt, it’s always a good idea to ask the professionals in your area for guidance. If you suspect your concrete of cracking or slipping, don’t wait. A PolyRenewal injection may be able to give you back the comfort that Mother Nature has taken away from you.
Thinking about using PolyRenewal injections to restore your concrete? Reach out to one of our brand companies that serves your area for more information. These experts will be able to inspect your home and provide you with a free quote on potential services.